Rosario B. Jaime-Lara, PhD, FNP, RN
Rosario B. Jaime-Lara was trained as nurse practitioner, public-health nurse, and researcher. Her research has focused on studying nutrition and the neurophysiology of eating behavior, including the neurophysiology of taste and smell, in the context of obesity and health. She has experience studying eating behavior in rodent models as well as clinical research experience. Her program of research focuses on studying nutrition and health disparities in Mexican-American communities as well as studying the underlying mechanisms associated with eating behavior.
Faculty Research and Clinical Expertise
Mexican-American, Eating Behavior, Nutrition, Neuroscience, Nursing
PhD in Nursing | University of Pennsylvania
MSN | Columbia University
BS in Nursing | Columbia University
BS in Biological Sciences: Neurobiology Physiology and Behavior | University of California, Davis
Honors & Awards
- 2022 Hommer Memorial Award for Outstanding Fellow
- 2021 Association for Chemoreception Sciences (AChemS) Diversity Fellowship
- 2021 Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science Travel Award
- 2021 Center on Compulsive Behaviors Fellowship, Renewal Award- Year 2
- 2020 NIH Office of Intramural Research Travel Award
- 2020 Center on Compulsive Behaviors Fellowship
- 2019 NIH Summer Research Mentor Award
- 2018 Eastern Nursing Research Society Pre-Doctoral Student Abstract Award
- 2018 University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing Teaching Award
- 2018 Andy Binns Impact Award for Outstanding Service to Graduate Student Life
- 2018 University of Pennsylvania College Houses & Academic Services: Distinguished Service Award
- 2017 College Houses and Academic Services: Graduate Associate Innovation Award
- 2015 Association of Hispanic Nurses New York Chapter: Elsie Soto Award.
- 2014-218 Fontaine Society Fellowship
- 2013 Sigma Theta Tau International: Honors Society of Nursing Inductee
- 2012 National Association of Hispanic Nurses New York Chapter: Ildaura Murillo Rhodes Award
- 2012 National Association of Hispanic Nurses: United Health Foundation Scholar
Jaime-Lara R.B., To L., Joseph PV. Chapter 1: Anatomy, Physiology, and Neurobiology of Olfaction and Gustation. In: Sensory Science and Chronic Diseases: Clinical Implications and Disease Management. 2021, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-86282-41.10.3389/fncir.2022.796443. PMID: 35800635; PMCID: PMC9255232.
Jaime-Lara RB, Borner T, Holland RA, Shaulson E, Brooks B, De Jonghe BC. Olanzapine Administration Reduces Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea Behavior in Rats. Biol Res Nurs. 2021 Apr 1:10998004211000443. doi: 10.1177/10998004211000443. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33789505.
Wang Y, Jaime-Lara RB, Roy A, Sun Y, Liu X, Joseph PV. SeqEnhDL: sequence-based classification of cell type-specific enhancers using deep learning models. BMC Res Notes. 2021 Mar 19;14(1):104. doi: 10.1186/s13104-021-05518-7. PMID: 33741075; PMCID: PMC7980595.
Vizioli C, Jaime-Lara RB, Franks AT, Ortiz R, Joseph PV. Untargeted Metabolomic Approach Shows No Differences in Subcutaneous Adipose Tissue of Diabetic and NonDiabetic Subjects Undergoing Bariatric Surgery: An Exploratory Study. Biol Res Nurs. 2021 Jan;23(1):109-118. doi: 10.1177/1099800420942900. Epub 2020 Aug 7. PMID: 32762338; PMCID: PMC7874365
Jaime-Lara RB, Roy A, Wang Y, Stanfill A, Cashion AK, Joseph PV. Gene co-expression networks are associated with obesity-related traits in kidney transplant recipients. BMC Med Genomics. 2020 Mar 10;13(1):37. doi: 10.1186/s12920-020-0702-5. PMID: 32151267; PMCID: PMC7063809.
Jaime-Lara RB, Parma V, Yan CH, Faraji F, Joseph PV. Role of Olfaction in Human Health: A Focus on Coronaviruses. Allergy Rhinol (Providence). 2020 Jun 5;11:2152656720928245. doi: 10.1177/2152656720928245. PMID: 32551179; PMCID: PMC7278301.
Jaime-Lara RB, Koons BC, Matura LA, Hodgson NA, Riegel B. A Qualitative Metasynthesis of the Experience of Fatigue Across Five Chronic Conditions. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2020 Jun;59(6):1320-1343. doi: 10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2019.12.358. Epub 2019 Dec 20. PMID: 31866485; PMCID: PMC7239763.
A.F. Diallo, M.B. Lockwood, K.A. Maki, A.T. Franks, A. Roy, R.B. Jaime-Lara, P.V. Joseph, Henderson WA, Chung SY, McGrath J, Green SJ, Fink AM. Metabolic Profiling of Blood and Urine for Exploring the Functional Role of the Microbiota in Human Health. Biological Research in Nursing, 2020, 22(4):449-457.
E.N. Aroke, K.L. Powell-Roach, R.B. Jaime-Lara, M. Tesfaye, A. Roy, P. Jackson, P.V. Joseph. Taste the Pain: The Role of TRP Channels in Pain and Taste Perception. International Journal of Molecular Science, 2020, 21(16):5929.
Joseph PV, Jaime-Lara RB, Wang Y, Xiang L, Henderson WA. Comprehensive and Systematic Analysis of Gene Expression Patterns Associated with Body Mass Index. Sci Rep. 2019 May 15;9(1):7447. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-43881-5. PMID: 31092860; PMCID: PMC6520409.
Lucero RJ, Jaime-Lara RB, Cortes YI, Kearney J, Granja M, Suero-Tejeda N, Bakken S, Luchsinger JA. Hispanic Dementia Family Caregiver's Knowledge, Experience, and Awareness of Self-Management: Foundations for Health Information Technology Interventions. Hisp Health Care Int. 2019 Jun;17(2):49-58. doi: 10.1177/1540415318819220. Epub 2018 Dec 27. PMID: 30590959.
L.A. Matura, S. Malone, R.B. Jaime-Lara, B. Riegel. A Systematic Review of Biological Mechanisms of Fatigue in Chronic Illness. Biological research for Nursing, 2018, 20(4):410-421.
Complete Bibliography: https://tinyurl.com/JaimeLaraBibliography