DNP - Admission Requirements
Entry requirements for this Post-Master's DNP include the following:
1) Master's degree in nursing indicating that advanced practice coursework was completed, documented by an official transcript from each college or university attended
2) Minimum grade point average of 3.0 for master's degree coursework
3) Evidence documenting completion of a minimum of 500 clinical hours during the applicant's master's program or previous post-master's program; APRN national certification in one of the recognized APRN roles will satisfy this requirement.
4) APRN national certification in one of the recognized APRN roles: Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist or Nurse Executive
5) Active, unrestricted RN licensure for practice in California where DNP clinical hours will occur
6) An upper-division statistics course with content equivalent to Biostatistics 100A or Biomathematics 170A
7) A resumé or curriculum vitae detailing work history, professional and volunteer activities appropriate to the advanced practice role
8) Three confidential letters of recommendation from colleagues who are able to address both academic abilities and work-related experience
9) A Statement of Purpose (maximum of 1000 words) describing the applicant's professional goals and rationale for applying to the program
10) Criminal background check with evidence of clearance from all states of residence within a three year period
11) One year of experience in an advanced practice role preferred
There is no foreign language requirement for the proposed DNP degree program. Proficiency in a language other than English is desirable, but not required.
To learn more, RSVP to attend an Information Session.